Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Day 1 - A New Day - A New Blog

I took one day off of blogging since my 100 day challenge was over.  I missed it terribly.  Therefore, I am starting fresh and looking forward to new lessons with God. 

I was walking along today at  Walmart and pretty soon I was face down on the floor wondering what just happened.  As I slowly stood up, an employee who was standing right where I fell said, "Oh, yes...there's stuff on the floor."  Really?!!  I think I gathered that the moment I fell down.  Then the manager came by and said they were trying to keep an eye on the spill.  Instead, two employees were talking instead of guarding the spill and I took the fall.  Apparently, someone had picked up a bottle of fabric softener and it leaked all over the store.  It was a clear liquid so no one would have seen it.  There were no caution cones and the spill was strewn across entire back of store.  I was so irritated that the employees were talking instead of doing what they were asked to do and guard the spill.  As soon as I stood up, I could see the spill but you had to look very closely. 

As I hobbled out to the car, God impressed upon me how often we have pitfalls right in front of us and because our eyes are focused the wrong way, we miss them and fall.  Only if our eyes are fixed on Jesus will we not fall.  We might stumble but He will make our footsteps firm.  So, while I was quite frustrated with the whole situation - as always - God has a lesson in everything if you really tune in. 

Psalm 37:23-24
23 If the LORD delights in a man's way,

he makes his steps firm;


24 though he stumble, he will not fall,
for the LORD upholds him with his hand.

1 comment: